Ask a question

3589 questions

4090 answers

3024 comments

34691 members

Ask a question
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by

Hi, I have a client who uses the FMB204 tracker. They wish to add data from a custom BLE sensor to the FMB204 records. 

I have looked at the documentation and was not able to figure out how to add a custom characteristic in the teltonika GUI. 
My GUI does not show advanced settings option in bluetooth 4.0 tab. 

I can find my device and view some of the characteristics but my custom characteristic does now show, I'm using hm-10 module with transparent serial characteristic ffe0  / 0000FFE0-0000-1000-8000-00805F9B34FB

Is there a way to enable the advanced settings section in the teltonika configurator ?

What I need to do is connect to teltonika FMB204 daily from another BLE device and dump a lot of data to be uploaded by FMB204. I expect there would be around 5kb of data each day. Is it even possible to transmit all the records over short period of time?

Kind regards,
Mantas

2 Answers

0 votes
by

Hi, I'm trying to do the same, but no luck with autoconnect to BT module...and don't know if it's the same for BLE

Take a look to this page, it's supposed that when you configure it as 'Data Link' it will send all the data received by BT to the server....but I can't make it work using only the 'External Name' for the BT device...and if the MAC address is needed then is useless for me.

https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/FMB204_Bluetooth_settings

Please, let me know any progress with that :)

0 votes
by

hi,

You need to update your firmware. For FMB920, 3.25.14 is compatible with BLE sensors, For FMB204 you can see firmware errata to find out which is compatible.