FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous
Hello! I have two question.

1- Is there a complete parameter list for "getparam" and "setparam" ? I need to remotely disable some I/O and the manual doesnt describe all the parameters. For example,

Digital Input 1: 2000-2004

Analog Input 1: 2040-2044

But what about digital input 2, 3 and 4?

2- The second question is about the codecs available for sending messages over udp. I'm using Codec12 but the responde doesn't include the IMEI, so I cant tell what device is answering the messages.

I tried sending two messages at the time (like getinfo and the message) but the device only answers one of the two messages.

I also tried Codec14 but the device doesnt answer my messages.

thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
I'm not familiar with the old configurator, but the new one shows the parameter's IDs when you hover over them. I assume DIN 2-4 are in the range 2010-2014,  2020-2024 and 2030-2034. At least in the newer version getparam format is getparam ID (or getparam ID1;ID2;...;IDn) and setparam ID:value (or setparam ID:value;ID2:value2;...)

Answering your second question:

According to wiki, Codec14 is supported in firmware FMB.Ver.03.25.04.Rev.00 and up. Since this device will be EOL soon, I'm not sure if it's supported.

For tracking device connections consider using TCP instead (Yes, there are drawbacks). In order to implement proper messaging over UDP (With Codec12) you could implement queues that send one message at a time (for messages that provide response) and give enough time for the device to process the message in case the message should not return response. For messages that could change AVL data, you could configure the AVL element to be sent "on change", and wait for the change to come over Codec8.

edit: actually try sending two commands in one udp packet, and the second one could contain something identifiable - getinfo, getver or getimsi. Might work this way.
(disclaimer: I'm more familiar with FMB1xx range of devices and recent 3.x firmwares and this answer might not be entirely correct)
by anonymous

Hello! Thank you very much for the quick answer.

I assumed that the ranges were 2010-2014, 2020-2024 and 2030-2034 as you said in the answer but the responses I get from the devices doesn't seem right:

Param ID:2024 Val:10

Param ID:2023 Val:0

Param ID:2022 Val:0

Param ID:2021 Val:3

Param ID:2020 Val:1

Param ID:2014 Val:10

Param ID:2013 Val:0

Param ID:2012 Val:0

Param ID:2011 Val:3

Param ID:2010 Val:1

Param ID:2004 Val:10 

Param ID:2003 Val:0

Param ID:2002 Val:0 

Param ID:2001 Val:2

Param ID:2000 Val:1 

I will try to download the new configurator to find the values with mouse hover... 

edit: actually try sending two commands in one udp packet, and the second one could contain something identifiable - getinfo, getver or getimsi. Might work this way.
(disclaimer: I'm more familiar with FMB1xx range of devices and recent 3.x firmwares and this answer might not be entirely correct)

I tried that and doesn't work. The device only replies the first message.

Thank you very much !