FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous
Are iButton readers waterproof - i'm looking at installing FMB204 on a motorbike and using the immobiliser function..

Do you have any plans to use Bluetooth proximity (i.e. registered MAC or valid authorised pairing) as an alternative to using iButton, on newer BT enabled devices like FMB204?
by
Dear all,

Do we have an update on this, we see that with the latest release of FMB920 firmware the bluetooth 4.0 supports only a particular Temperature sensor and we are unable to link any other bluetooth 4.0 device to FMB920.

We have clients who are waiting on a solution for this and have informed teltonika india to also try an integrate a phones bluetooth to the device to act as an ibeacon, which would be more convenient than investing in additional hardware.

Please give us a solution or this.

George Mathew.

1 Answer

0 votes
by
Hello,

The durable stainless-steel iButton package is highly resistant to environmental hazards such as dirt, moisture, and shock. It is designed for various applications and can be used in harsh environments, for an example outdoor use on a motorcycle.

Yes, Blue-tooth beacon function for immobilizer feature will be implemented really soon.

Best Regards.
by
Do you have a timeline for the implementation of bluetooth as an alternative to ibutton please?
by anonymous
FW will be given for testers next week. It will be BLE beacons support + it will be possible to configure ble beacons as trigger for immobilizer/auth driving functionality.

So 2018-11-10 (at the end of the week) - maybe it will be tested. If testers will not be too busy.

So you could ask after a week hows the situation.
by
Hi,

Any feedback on this function now, or is it still under test?
by anonymous
Had some issues. Development got delayed.

But we are nearing completion. FW should be given to testers this week i think.
by
An update on BLE beacon / immobilizer functionality?
by anonymous
Was released for testing today i believe. There were some delays again.

Will take like up to a week for testers to test it fully. Depending on work load.

After its tested - if no bugs - it will be put on release queue for addition to base FW. But that might take a while.

Ask again in a week - i'll update on testing status. Or you might request this FW from our sales/support to use/test on your devices as well.

Just have to keep in mind that its still in testing phase. I mean this functionality. And there might be bugs.
by
Any update on this functionality?
by
Hi,

Since fmb920 also has bluetooth 4.0 now, can we get a solution for ibeacon & eddystone on them. When we try and discover an ibeacon or eddystone through fmb920 we get no results.

Thanking you,

George Mathew.
by anonymous
Any update for this functionality?