FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by

Hi, 

I need your advise on the sudden spike of overspeed (speed  limit 70km/hr) which I have set in GPSWOX. There are a few times, overspeed event is detected and we investigated on the data log. As an example, we found the below record:

Here, the sudden spike of 11km/hr happened in 1 second and reduced by 12km/hr in the following second. 

Is there anything I can do with regards to the FMB120 to ensure that the speed data which I have is accurate? 

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi, Wee.

Sadly, the screenshot is barely readable. Maybe (but not very likely) GPSWOX is doing something wrong. When people complain about inaccurate speed, the common tip is to rely not on GNSS speed, but the one from OBII/CAN.
0 votes
by
Hello,

Tracking platform shows speed gps tracker is sending, so it has nothing to do with the platform itself. Your gps tracker probably sent incorrect speed which was incorectly captured and this is highly possible, because tracker has integrated antennas. To get more accurate data please use gps tracker with external antennas or as suggested above, can adapter.