FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous

I am trying to connect the FMB640 to a server running on my computer (via a python script), but the device does not make a connection at all. I did the GPRS settings as shown in the figure below, are there any more settings I have to configure other than those?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

If you are using device stationary, please use following settings below:

Record Saving - always

Sleep Mode - Disabled.

Also you can set time sync from NITZ+NTP

Try triggering an event using I/O parameters. Change external voltage or change Ignition status. (Before that set I/O priority, levels and operand.

Also check data acquisition values. Change send and min period time time values for example to 30 sec.

Make sure APN is correct as well.

Hope this will help.

Best Regards.

by anonymous
Thank your prompt response, but all those settings are already set as your picture above. I am beginning to think it is my server, I am using TCP/IP, is there a difference between that and TCP? Does the device automatically send a .connect(host,post) command to the server before sending the IMEI number?
by anonymous

IP - network layer protocol for logical addressing.

TCP - layer 4 protocol which ensures reliability and is connection oriented.

You are using right  protocol TCP/IP. Device does not send automatically connect (host, post) command. Device will open link with server only when minimum record count will be reached and send period time will end. This can be Found in Data Acquisition settings. To check if device opens link to server you can see in status window. If TCP port is open and external IP/Domain address is valid device should request IMEI from server and server should respond with ACK packet '01'  (Link will be open in status window). Let me know if you will have more questions. Just in case make sure that your TCP port is open. 

There is information about  codec8 / codec8 extended/ codec12 that are must to be implemented on server. wiki page: https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/Codec