FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous

Hi,

I've updated a FM6300 to the last firmware 01.00.17 from 01.00.13 and used it the last configurator v1.01.00.10. I've tried to configurate the CAN Autoscan, with the offline method. But in the configurator it doesn't give me the option to activate the 'High resolution vehicle distance'. And if I tried to activate it by SMS command, the device replies 'ERROR: Not supported Param ID: 3376 detected'.

If I only open the configurator and try to activate this option, it's not available. On the old configurator v1.00.02.82 it appears, but I can't use it because the device has the new firmware.

Additionally, I've checked with a FM5300 and the option is available on this device too.

Is there a new firmware? If not, can I downgrade the device to the old firmware 0.02.XXX?

Regards

1 Answer

0 votes
by

Hello,

Thank you for inquiry.

In 01.00.17 firmware version High Resolution Vehicle Distance was changed to Odometer which parameter ID is 69. It you'll find in Teltonika Configurator->Tachograph Data->Odometer (see in the picture below).

Also, as you can see in attached photo, Odometer parameter data can be taken from Tachograph via K-Line, ALLCAN, Tacho CAN or FMS. With vehicle data priority settings, you can choose channel to get tachograph data by priority. It's helpful if the first chosen channel isn't working or has low signal, it can connect to another channel by priority. First priority is the highest. Note that it can be configured as disable if you don't need.
To configure any Tachograph Data parameter with SMS command, every parameter should be separated with comma. For example, configuring third profile Odometer, SMS should look like:

• If you have set SMS login and password: "login password setparam 3069 1,,,3" (<Login> <Password> setparam 3069 <Priority>,<HighLevel>,<LowLevel>,<generateEvent>)
  • If SMS login and password aren't set leave two spaces before command: " setparam 3069 1,,,3" ( setparam 3069 <Priority>,<HighLevel>,<LowLevel>,<generateEvent>)

Odometer doesn't have High/Low level so they are skipped by using comma “,,“. <generateEvent> values are 3 or 5 (3 - Monitoring, 5 - On Change).

More information about Tachograph Settings and how to set parameters via SMS commands you will find here: https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/FMB630_Tachograph_Data

Hope this information will help.

Regards, Teltonika Support

Best answer
by anonymous
Ok. This is helpful.

Does it work even if there's no tachograph device connected?

Thanks
by
Thank you for question.

In Tachograph Data settings, you do not get data without tachograph. It is because these parameters are getting only form tachograph via K-Line, ALLCAN, Tacho CAN or FMS.

Regards.