FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
in Vehicle tracking by

Greetings.

I would like to use HDOP measurements sent by device, but the description of corresponding data field (e.g. ID 182 for FMB-series) is a bit confusing.
I expect the field to contain numbers of magnitude 1-20, like it's described here. So, my Teltonika device sent raw values 4, 6, 3 for "GNSS HDOP" (herewith number of satellites was 10, 14, 17). If I divide these numbers by 10, like it's written in the description of AVL, results will be less than 1. What's wrong here, the description (regarding multiplier)? Maybe the numbers represent not really DOP, but some other parameter? What does that single word "Probability" from description mean?

Thanks for your help.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for your question,

This question requires further analysis with programming team,

Please make sure you contact your sales manager and inform him on your issue, the further solution steps will be provided to you.

Thank you for understanding,

Regards.
by

Thank you for answering.

After collecting some statistics, I came to the conclusion that everything works as described in the documentation.
Namely, 1) raw HDOP data (AVL ID 182) should be divided by 10,
2) these data can be assessed by the levels from the Wikipedia article (i.e. <3 is bad level, 3-10 is normal level),
3) HDOP less than 1 is a valid value.

by

so if i got 9 (in AVL 182) .. it is = .9
then i go to the levels from the wikipedia article  and because is lower than 1 that means it is in the Ideal Rating right?
 so u can consider for Geolocation purposes data < 3 is Very good level, idk why you said "data < 3 is bad level"  it confuses me a little