FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous
Hello,
 I set up FMB001 two days ago with traccar server. Now I saw that when I check trips i have done, there is no starting address, but target address.
So I checked in the database, and I can see all records sent from the device, and really can see, that every time when I start, the first one to three records have addressfield NULL.
Can I configure something to change that. I was thinking maybe it has to do with the sleep mode. Actually I use Ultra Sleep mode, because at beginning I used Deep Sleep mode, but then the device still send records after stoping, which I don't want. But also in Deep Sleep mode where no starting address sent.
Hopefully someone can give me a clue, how to solve this. I'm using firmware 3.25.05
Thanks in advance

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for you question,

Could you confirm that by stating "address" you a referring to GPS coordinates at the start of the trip? The device may take a while after a start to receive a GPS fix, with longitude, latitude values. After turning on the device if it was powered off before, a time of up to 10/15 minutes may take before good coordinates are acquired. If you wish that device would only send data, when it has correct location data you should select Records saving/sending option to "After position fix" in the configuration.

Regarding to sleep modes make sure you follow the information provided in manuals,

FMB001 can enter deep sleep mode if ALL of these conditions are met:

• FMB001 has to be configured to work in Deep Sleep mode;

• Device must be synchronized time with GNSS satellites;

• FMB001 has to be in „X on Stop Mode“ (Configured by Mode switch parameter);

• Movement by accelerometer is not detected;

• Ignition (Configured to be detected by Power Voltage, Ignition or Accelerometer) is off;

• Min. Record Saving Period (Data Acquisition Mode settings) must be bigger than Active Data Link Timeout parameter, that FMB001 could close GPRS link.

• Send period (Data Acquisition Mode settings) minus Active Data Link Timeout must be more than 90 sec., that FMB001 could close GPRS link for at least 90 sec.

• Sleep timeout is reached;

• Have no sms to read;

• Data socket(s) are closed;

FMB001 exits deep sleep mode when if ONE of following conditions are true:

• Movement by accelerometer is detected;

• Ignition (Configured to be detected by Power Voltage, Ignition or Accelerometer) is turned on.

More information on FMB001 can be found in our wiki:

https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/FMB001

Hope this helps, if we did not understood your question correctly, please specify, we will try our best to help you.

Regards, Teltonika Support.

by anonymous

Hello,
thank you for your Answer  smiley
In fact when I speak about address, there is really a field in the database called address, and is filled from GPS coordinates using a Geolocatiob provider. After double checking, I saw there are GPS coordinates which arrives at the database, but I'm not really sure, if they are good enough to get correct answer from provider. I will try your tip with "After position fix", if this doesn't change the problem, I think I should ask the question again at the traccar forum.
Thanks again
Best Regards
Carlo