FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
–1 vote
in Vehicle tracking by
I have FM1100 Device and When update firmware ver. to (FMA1YX.01.27.29.Rev.0.e) it died I cannot see it through usb and only one light is always flickers

If there is any way to undo the update and what is the best firmware version for this device
by
I have the same.

Do You solve problem?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for your question.

It is possible to update device via FOTA Desktop/application.

Did this happen after new firmware update or it stopped working earlier (since GPS Rollover)? What was the previous firmware version installed in the device?

Could you confirm that the LEDs are flashing (not blinking), in this case your device may be stuck in boot mode.

In any case you should contact your Teltonika sales manager to get the right firmware file and remote assistance if required.

Best regards
by
Ihave same problem. Upgraded firmware via USB to 01.27.29 but forget to upgrade 01.26.. first. Now FM1100 is dead in same way. Don't know exact problem, but believe that now bootloader and other FW does not match. Question is is it possible to recover device ( bootloader needs to updated ) or not??
by anonymous

Need to determine what version bootloader is still in the device.

1. download and instlal YAT: https://sourceforge.net/projects/y-a-terminal/

2. power on device -> let it open COM port -> connect YAT terminal to device with such settings:

3. power off device

4. power on device -> YAT terminal should autoconnect to device. hopefully 500ms monitoring is fast enough.

If not please increase it.

The goal is to determine when device bootloader starts up -> the version of bootloader should be printed.

depending on bootloader version - will inform you how to proceed to restore device to working order.

Regards

by
Hi
Thanx for answer
I was try'd a lot with y-t-terminal.

It is impossinble to got something to screen.
It takes to long for win7 to get com port ready ( in mine case it is com9.

I have try'd with working device, here I can get debug info, but even there text starts with GSM modem initialization.
More clarification about leds
Only GSM status led is flashing in 1 sec period ( about 0,25 sec light and 0.75 sec off ) nothing more.
In some every 20 sec win7 will say that One of attached USB devices has malfunctioned, Windows does not recognize it.
I believe that previous FW was 1.17.19.
Regards,
by anonymous
Fine, when you connect to device via usb - does it continiously print CCCCCCC ?

Regards
by
Sry I don't catch, what should print CCCCCC

terminal can't connect to usb, Win does not see com port at all
by anonymous

"Ihave same problem. Upgraded firmware via USB to 01.27.29 but forget to upgrade 01.26.. first. Now FM1100 is dead in same way. Don't know exact problem, but believe that now bootloader and other FW does not match. Question is is it possible to recover device ( bootloader needs to updated ) or not??"

1. When you power on device -> does it initialize USB COM port?

2. If so when you connect to this USB com port - does device print any messages to it?

Regards

by
No com port is not initialized, and windows say:

One of attached USB devices has malfunctioned, Windows does not recognize it.

this repeats every ~15 sec.

Regards
by

Ihave same problem. Upgraded firmware via USB to 01.27.29 but forget to upgrade 01.26.. first. Now FM1100 is dead in same way. Don't know exact problem, but believe that now bootloader and other FW does not match. Question is is it possible to recover device ( bootloader needs to updated ) or not??"

No com port is not initialized, and windows say:

One of attached USB devices has malfunctioned, Windows does not recognize it.

this repeats every ~15 sec.