FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by
Hi, we receive data from FMB920 with LAT, LON, SPEED, ALT & device IMEI. How can I detect / find out when a trip started - ended in order to do calculations?

Thank you

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

In order to use Trip scenario, You have to enable it first. Also some I/O element needs to be enabled too.

You can find all detail information in Teltonika Wiki page : HERE

Best regards

0 votes
by anonymous
Thank you for your reply. I face another issue, the vehicle speed I get is lower than the real one. For ex. I get 16Khm/hr where the real is ~50Khm. Can you please assist?
by anonymous

Hello,

Your speed source detection probably is GNSS. That is not always accurate, since it depends on Satellites. 

If you want to see the same speed monitoring as in the OBD, then you should change Speed source to OBD.

This parameter you can find in Configurator "Trip / Odometer" section, "Speed Source".

Best regards

by
Thank you for your reply, for your recommended solution will need to have OBD II dongle connected via bluetooth, right?

I face also another issue, I try to detect trip end-start and I have assigned the distance counting mode as continuous but the values I get are quite comfuzing.

created: 2019-03-08 07:36:51.534Z
ioid : 199
value : 312

created: 2019-03-08 07:36:51.542Z
ioid : 199
value : 264

How I can detect trip-end start and total distance? I have receive two ids: 199 & 16.

Thank you