FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous

I have problem with One FMB 204. Every 10 days (more or less) this device is not sending correct data to AVL server.

When I send a "getver" param I have a response, but with the 2062 year!!

You can see in Last INIT time: 2062-10-23 !!!

I must to do downpgrade FW and again Upgrade to last FW, to fixi it

Any idea?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for providing information about your issue,

Could you confirm that you are using "Time Synchronization" settings "Disable (GPS)" only in your configuration? This could be the cause of your problem, since you should be getting GPS time synchronization (which at certain times could be incorrect). It is recommended to use time synchronization NTP( NTP server time ), NITZ (GSM operator time) or both (NITZ + NTP).

Please confirm this and try using NTP/NITZ/NITZ + NTP settings for Time Synchronization and tell us if the problem persists.

Best regards.
by anonymous
Hi Stasenka, Yes, my "time sincronization" is GPS Only.

I have changed now to NITZ+NTP

I will post if the problem retun...but all FM devices (except FMB204) are working with " GPS Time only"(FM11, FM1204, FMAxx...) and this is the first situation with this problem about TIME...Why?
by anonymous
GPS module FW problem most likely.

It sometimes calculates incorrect timestamp from satellite data.

That's why from 03.18.15.Rev.00+ FW version we reworked time syncing @ FW:

Functionality changes:
•    Until and including 03.18.14.Rev.XX FW versions – time synchronization was always performed from GNSS source if available (GPS fix acquired), independent of synchronization source configuration.
•    From 03.18.15.Rev.00 FW versions and onwards – time synchronization is performed strictly only according to selected source. I.e. by default its NITZ+NTP – this means that time sync from GNSS will never happen. Likewise if configured GNSS only – then neither NITZ nor NTP sources can not and will not perform time synchronization for device.

But this also caused some problems for some customers which prefer to use time sync from GNSS (or are in VPN where NITZ/NTP is not availble for example). So we have reworked this once again - but this latest rework is still being tested and is not yet delivered to base FW version.

Regards
0 votes
by anonymous
Hello

For now all is working right, Do you know when will be available the new version with GNSS Syncro?

Geo