FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
in Vehicle tracking by

Hello, 

I am using an external device connected to FMB125, via RS232 Tx/Rx cables. When FMB125 establish a connection with the server, the external device should handle every message from the server. 

What is happening:

I send messages from the server to the external device and FMB125 bypass the frame to the external device (which it is the desired behaviour). However, it also reply an unexpected empty codec12 frame : 00000000000000080c01060000000001000033d1. So,  for each server frame, the remote server has two replies: the unexpected reply from FMB125 and the real reply from the external device. How can i suppress the reply from FMB125? Obs: the frame from the server, it is not a known codec 12 command, but it is on codec12 format.

Appreciate any help, 

Ricardo

by anonymous
Sounds like a FW bug to me.

Please provide:

device configuration uploaded say via: https://wetransfer.com/ (you can omit all GPRS info etc). Just leave RS232 info and other configuration which might be relevant to the case.

FW version?

We shall try to reproduce issue according to your info.

Regards

2 Answers

0 votes
by
Hello,

The problem was the firmware version of my FMB125. This issue is solved on FW 03.16.18REV:00.

Thank you all
Best answer
0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Would you mind providing information about your configuration.

You are receiving empty record. This could be caused by Network Ping Timeout, if you are using this parameter value greater than 0  it would send empty packet in order to keep the link active then you would receive your packet plus the empty packet.

Set up Network Ping Timeout value in the configurator to 0 and see if the problem persists.

Best regards.
by
Hello again,

It is not FMB125 who receives an empty packet, it is the server. Every time the remote server sends a packet targeted to the external device, FMB125  forward it to the external device to be interpreted (expected) and FMB125 sends an empty packet to the server (not expected). And this empty packet does not keep the connection alive, because I am only able to communicate during the seconds specified on GPRS -> Record Settings -> Response time out (30 seconds).

Thank you for the help,

Ricardo