FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by

Several trackers have a problem with updating firmware. Error:Failed to write to file @ SD card

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Either SD card is bad and FW fails to write information to it.

Or maybe there's not enough space.

Have you tried for example formatting device SD card and tying again?

or changing SD card?

Regards
by
Sure, i tried several times sdformat command via sms and restart of tracker.

The trackers was installed on the clients cars and replacing sdcards is not a solution.

Is there any other solution?
by anonymous
If you tried sdformat -> and after that device still fails with FW update (multiple attempts at fw update).

It means that SD card has gone bad. Nothing you can do to fix this now.

You have to replace sd card.

Regards
by anonymous
Yes, but firmware was uploaded successfully. Also most probably it should be written to internal memory not to the sd card.

The question is still open...
by anonymous
FW size is 4MB, internal TOTAL size is 4MB. Theres no space.

So downloaded FW update file is stored in external storage SD/NAND and then update is performed.

If message is failed to write - it means error happens during transmission and FW is not able to write certain chunks into SD. Might be bad sectors or bad sd card in general.

I suggest changing SD card.

Theres nothing to do from FW size, so ...

Regards
by anonymous
You can find firmawe on this site? You are lucky. I'm trying about an hour, and still not find. Tell me, please, where is this?