FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous

My MQTT connection to AWS IoT Core is closed after 30 minutes, regardless if the ACK is TCP/IP or AVL and nowhere in the documentation it is specified how to keep the connection longer for MQTT specifically

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello.

To keep link open, please set open link timeout to maximum value (259200s):

https://wiki.teltonika-gps.com/view/FMC130_GPRS_settings#Records_Settings

Regards
by anonymous
Hi again,

The timeout it is already setup to maximum value, so that's not the issue.

As I said the question is specifically for MQTT using AWS IOT core, so you are just pointing me to the documentation that I've already read it and followed. The only solution (but I am not satisfied with it) it is to setup the network ping timeout to maximum (30 minutes) and the data sending frequency when the vehicle is stopped to 30 minutes, instead of an hour how I've had it initially.

So again, my question: how can I keep the connection open for than 30 minutes using MQTT with AWS IoT core?

Regards,

Aurel
by anonymous
in this case ping is only solution, I think it is AWS server that brakes connection after timeout is reached.

When there is time to send record, device will establish new link with the server
by anonymous
I know the connection is reestablished, but the connection definitely is not closed by AWS (I was using with other implementations) and I believe the box is closing the connection after network ping timeout is reached and yes, that's my question:

How is implemented the network ping for MQTT? Is sending a message to a particular topic different from <boxId>/data (because on this topic definitely is not sending any ping)?

The documentation it is really incomplete for this use case.