FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous
Good day.

I am working on Wialon Hosting platform and I've encountered some obscure issue with FMB devices for my trackers sometimes lag heavily, starting data transfer only after 40+ minutes after movement start. At that exact time same other FMB125's installed on same day on same vehicle models with same installation method AND same configuration/firmware set (03.10.03_00) are working perfectly fine, what buffles me.
I was observing some times FMB125 start slowly after boot, taking about 30 minutes while watching on 5 to 15+ satellites (with "0 in use") and not acquiring position and thought that it is connected to my problem. Last days customers started complaining about new freshly installed trackers being offline for half a day after vehicle started working while SIM is active and device is observing 17 satellites and obtaining position according to getinfo SMS. I've found "Improved records reading and sending" line in FMB firmware errata so I asked my Teltonika supplier for new firmware and it provided me with two sets of files for my hardware:

1a) FMB.Ver.03.18.15.Rev.00.e.xim
1b) Teltonika.Configurator_0.17.9_C.002

2a) FMB.Ver.03.21.01.Rev.01.e.xim
2b) FMB.Configurator_v0.16.1.17313_C.004

I wanted to try that firmware on my two brand new FMB204's hoping to eliminate the problem, flashed firmware with FMB.Ver.03.18.15.Rev.00.e.xim and configured devices the usual way. Devices sent some messages to server right after first start and suddenly cease data transfer completely. SIMs are working properly, location is acquired with ok PDOP (1.1), but data is just doesn't get through for hours neither in the office nor at the moving vehicle or under any other circumstances.

Logs contain some suspicious line like

# [GPS.API]    WARNING @ 1194:Invalid velocity detected 6th time in a row... passing NMEA data through!
and
# [REC.SEND.1]    imei send OK, waiting 30 sec for imei answer
# [NETWORK]    [IND] unexpected close soc detected!
# [NETWORK]    WARNING @ 1319:detected socket close! socket id: 5 res:1 data:0
# [REC.SEND.1]    Caller: 1209, queueing recsend1 task job type: 2/close link
# [NETWORK]    VR socket 0 closed! Real:5
# [REC.SEND.1]    WARNING @ 524:Link broken detected while waiting for imei answer, rec sending canceled

I've tried to change firmware to FMB.Ver.03.21.01.Rev.01.e.xim, change device type (and port in configuration) to FM1200, tried to play with data acquistion and server data link options, nothing helped.
Then I've tried to flash some new FMB125 with this firmwares and it began working exactly the same way! Same "link broken" and "close soc" messages. On start (hard or soft reset) it sends out messages to server with log lines like:

# [NETWORK] attempting to send data by VR socked id: 0, data len: 17
# [NETWORK] [SEND.DATA.0485] Waiting for socket send result, waiting: 10 sec
# [NETWORK] data send to socket: 0, successfull! evt sending: enabled
# [REC.SEND.1] imei send OK, waiting 30 sec for imei answer
# [NETWORK] [IND] received data from socket!

And then againg goes to "link broken" and "close soc" behavior.
Being confused I've tried to take new device with 03.10.03_00 firmware and configure with new configurators - it started working the same broken way. Being in full perplexity I've taken one more new device with old firmware and configured it with OLD configurator with old many times used cfg file, and it works exact same broken way for two days now. Old devices installed and connected before are working fine (besides couple of reported lagging ones).
I've contacted my Wialon Hosting provider asking if there was any problem connecting Teltonika devices last days, it said everything was ok.

Things that always worked are now do not work and I can't get why.
Please help me to sort out this lunacy.

I didn't found the way to attach cfg file so I will write my configuration layout.

[SYSTEM]
[System settings]
Mov. source: Ignition
Records saving/Sending: After Position Fix (tried Always, seems to not affect)
GNSS Source: GLONASS, GPS
Battery charge: On need
Data Protocol: Codec 8 (for new firmwares)
[Static nav]
Static Navigation mode: Enabled
Static Navigation source: Movement Source
[Sleep Mode]
Sleep Mode: Disabled
[Ignition Source]
Ignition Settings: DIN1 (DIN1 is connected while testing)
[Time sync]
Time Sync: NITZ+NTP (tried GNSS Only - seems to not affect)

[GPRS]
[SIM1, SIM2]
APN: internet
Username: internet
Password: internet
[Server Settings]
Domain: 193.193.165.165
Port: 21448 (for FMB125)
Protocol: TCP
Backup Server: Disable
[Records Settings]
Open Link Timeout: 30
Response Timeout: 30
Network Ping Timeout: 0
Sort By: Newest
ACK Type: AVL (new firmware)

[FOTA]
FOTA Web: Enabled (default setings)

[DATA ACQUISITION] (only Home configured, roaming and unknown are defaults)
[On stop]
Min period: 300
Min Saved Records: 1
Send Period: 120
[Moving]
Min period: 60
Min Distance: 100
Min Angle: 10
Min Speed Delta: 10
Min Saved Records: 1
Send Period: 5

And every other settings are default values.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hey,

Thank you for the question.

Could you please send the following SMS commands to one of the devices (just remove IMEIs and any other sensitive information)

Let me know if anything was unclear or if you have any further questions about the query.

Have a great day. :)

Best regards,

Vytenis

by
Good day! The problem disappeared for some time and now returned back, massively. The vehicle starts riding at morning, but device starts to send messages only after a 1,5 hours or so. It also can stop working right in the middle of the day as well. This problem appear every morning on many different vehicles at different areas of the region (Murmansk, Russia), with different settings. All the devices mounted and wired to the electrical system correctly.

From 60 units of FMB125 that we have, nearly every second one malfunctioning. The problem seems to touch vehicles with disconnectable ground (battery minus switch), but I cannot say for sure because there not many vehicles without the switch is equipped with from us.

I dumped and logged one terminal (fw 3.10) right in the car yesterday while it didn’t send messages in 2 hours of riding. The SMS responses at that time were:

>getgps

GPS:1 Sat:19 Lat:69.037750 Long:32.946289 Alt:76 Speed:0 Dir:0 Date: 2019/2/26 Time: 15:35:15

>getstatus

Data Link: 1 GPRS: 1 Phone: 0 SIM: 0 OP: 25002 Signal: 5 NewSMS: 0 Roaming: 0 SMSFull: 0 LAC: 5101 Cell ID: 2543 NetType: 1 FwUpd:-65536

>getinfo

RTC:2019/2/26 15:35 Init:2019/2/26 15:17 UpTime:1102s PWR:PwrVoltage RST:0 GPS:3 SAT:19 TTFF:40 TTLF:40 NOGPS:0:0 SR:0 FG:0 FL:0 SMS:2 REC:1672 MD:1 DB:0

>battery

BatState: 1 FSMState: ACTIVE ChargerIC: CHARGING ExtV: 27578 BatV: 4083 BatI: 77

>getver (get today on the table without GPS antenna)

Ver:03.10.03_00 GPS:AXN_5.10_3333 Hw:FMB125 Mod:23 IMEI:352093084###### Init:1970-1-1 0:0 Uptime:57 MAC:001E42953F84 SPC:1(0) AXL:0 OBD:0 BL:1.6 BT:4

The device is at my office now, we replaced it with die hard FM1100 (repaired two times). The FM1100 works perfectly.

At this moment we had tried next things to solve the issue:

1. Mounting and wiring to the different spots at the vehicle

2. Changing settings:

- Movement source (DIN1, accelerometer)

- Send period while moving (from 1 sec to 30 sec)

- Time sync (NITZ+NTP and GNSS only;

- server port on wialon hosting - tried FM1125 port, using FMB125 port by default;

3. Disconnecting device internal battery

4. Different firmwares (3.10 default, 3.18 and 3.21)

At any circumstances the picture remains the same:

- GSM is working: device is answering SMS

- GPS is working: the device observes satellites and writes down geolocation according to the settings

- messages doesn’t get to the server

Please help us with this problem ASAP for we cannot test customers patience no more. Everybody needs troubleproof system. We honestly don’t want to dismount and replace FMB125 devices over all our region and mailing it to infinite diagnostics, repairs etc...

Logs and dump:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1w6rq4ElzuJSZfNAzfB8RfNxNYEpMqdNt/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1l3c7rIyPL0SINynNxdv50NgfsKU888Uq/view?usp=sharing
by anonymous

I would advise to contact your distributor and urge him to contact teltonika techsupport about the case. Forum is not really the place for solving cases which might require sensitive information (IMEIS, GSM numbers, etc) sent to the internet.

Now points for consideration:

1Q: Logs

[2019.02.26 15:27:54]-[REC.SEND.1]    imei send OK, waiting 30 sec for imei answer
[2019.02.26 15:27:54]-[NETWORK]    [IND] unexpected close soc detected!
[2019.02.26 15:27:54]-[NETWORK]    detected socket close! socket id: 0
[2019.02.26 15:27:54]-[NETWORK]    VR socket 0 closed! Real:0
[2019.02.26 15:27:54]-[REC.SEND.1]    WARNING @ 499:Link broken detected while waiting for imei answer, rec sending canceled

1A: This is indicating a server issue. The device sends its IMEI and doens't get a response, or get a wrong response and closes the link

2Q:From 60 units of FMB125 that we have, nearly every second one malfunctioning. The problem seems to touch vehicles with disconnectable ground (battery minus switch), but I cannot say for sure because there not many vehicles without the switch is equipped with from us.

2A: If you drive with your device disconnected it might switch to ON Stop Data acquisition depending on the movement parameters and switch its cycle to sending data as if the car was not moving which is usually set to longer periods. This would explain why device starts to send messages only after a 1,5 hours.

3Q:I dumped and logged one terminal (fw 3.10) right in the car yesterday while it didn’t send messages in 2 hours of riding. The SMS responses at that time were:

3A: From getstatus command its clear to see that the device has link with the server and to the internet. It has good signal and operator ready, therefore there is no reason why it should not send data, apart from server issues.

by anonymous

Thank you very much for responsing on our issue.

I am contacting distributor and Teltonika via every channel I have, but they tend to answer very slowly and actually provide little of useful information :(

By this moment devices seem to have started working fine again, so we are waiting for the new crisis now...

1A: This is indicating a server issue. The device sends its IMEI and doens't get a response, or get a wrong response and closes the link

We had this thought too, and it seems logical, but our Wialon Hosting provider said there wasn't any known issues on connecting FMB125's lately (as for previous time we encountered this problem). Still, this possibility cannot be excluded. I would try to connect FMB125 to Wialon Pro or some other services next time the problem will appear to check it.

2A: If you drive with your device disconnected it might switch to ON Stop Data acquisition depending on the movement parameters and switch its cycle to sending data as if the car was not moving which is usually set to longer periods. This would explain why device starts to send messages only after a 1,5 hours.

Excuse me for I may not have been very clear on disconnecting ground point. The vehicles are de-energized while on parking and are powered on before starting movement, so devices should work in their intended mode. Nevertheless, disconnecting ground for 8+ hours means that battery is drained and device turns off for sure and starts cold when vehicle is beginning to move.

3A: From getstatus command its clear to see that the device has link with the server and to the internet. It has good signal and operator ready, therefore there is no reason why it should not send data, apart from server issues.

We also had thoughts on SIM and GPRS channel problems. Teltonika uses time sync server, and we supposed that our GSM provider may have some IP filter on it or on some Wialon servers, but it is unlikely because the same SIM cards are working fine with Wialon and any our equipment but FMB125.

by anonymous
100% server issue -> server closes socket right after device sends IMEI to server.

Meaning server does not support this device according to provided IMEI.

Now why wialon sometimes does not accept your devices connections to server -> thats a question for wialon.

Regards
by anonymous
Well, it finally sorted out last week. The reason was not even in server but in mobile operator. SIM-cards was being blocked for "financial reasons" in spite of positive account balance. Mobile operator didn't managed to explain reasons for that, but after some of their manipulations on our account the devices started to work fine.

Thanks a lot for your help!