FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous
I am trying to configure the FMB001, FMB120, and FMB125.

On the configurator tool, it does recognise the devices, and writes the data of the IP and port, even when I read from device, it shows what I have input.

However, the sockets say closed and the units are not registering online. So even though it says read it feels like the data is not going through

Any ideas? Please advise. Many thanks in advance.

1 Answer

0 votes
by
Hello,

Make sure APN setting are correct .Also important thing to remember, that you have to set time intervals you want data to be send , all done in Data Acquisition menu .Socket only opens when device sending packets, rest of time is closed .

Regards
by anonymous
"Socket only opens when device sending packets, rest of time is closed ."
Device closes data link when no data packets are needed to be sent/received.
Parameter which controls time period - for open data link is:
GPRS->records settings -=> open link timeout. After this timeout -> device closes link.
If you want data link to be open longer -> please configure this parameter (par_id 1000) to higher value (say 10 minutes).
You also might want to configure network ping timeout -> to like 5 minutes. This enforces that device will be sending 0xFF byte to server @ configured period. This also helps to keep data link alive.

Also open data link for long periods of time is possible only on TCP.

Regards