FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous

I have a customer with a number of FMA204 units we fitted in his boats a couple of years ago. He is now asking us to Geofence them on their mooring to activate when they leave the area with ignition off, knowing the unit could do this I agreed. However I cannot make it work - Setting the Auto Geofence with the Config program was easy I set the values to Enabled, set High, Activation is 30 set by ignition, generates on both with a radius of 300m  (edit iButton list I have not touched).

I fitted a unit in a car with the ignition connected for a full 6O seconds and then switched off so it should now be triggered, but when I take it for a drive no matter what I do it sends back ‘io 175’ (I assume this is right io) to the server always with a value of 1 (I am assuming when parked with ignition on it should have changed to zero and then gone back to one when I move off without ignition)?

Any help appreciated.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for your question. AVL ID 175 Auto geofence has two values:

0 - target left zone.

1 - target entered zone.

In your case if you set generate event "On Both", you get value 1, because vehicle is in geofence. To get the value 0, select generate event "On Exit" and move without ignition on, so that geofence would not deactivate.

Let me know if there is something else I can help you with.

Regards
Best answer
by anonymous
Thanks all correct now.