FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous

Hello,

I have an FMC125 with connected RS232 device.  It acquires data every minute for GPS etc... and the attached RS232 sends data every minute.  When it is offline for a while I find that we will get data like this.

IMEI

AVL data (one packet only)

RS232 data using Codec13 <all packets>

AVL data (all remaining data)

For example, if it is offline for one hour we get something like:

Receive IMEI (I send ack with 0x01)

Receive 1 AVL packet (I send ack with number of bytes)

Receive 60 Codec13 records  (seems it does not need ack)

Receive 59 remaining AVL packets.

Does anyone know what might be happening here?   Is this to be expected?  I would hope that they would arrive in the sequence they were acquired, or send all AVL data then all RS232 data.

All the best - L

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Yes this is to be expected, if you set data to be recorded every minute, it collects the data every minute and after an hour, you will receive 60 records. Also if the device goes into sleep mode, it will still collect data every minute until you will turn it on. You can read more about data acquisition settings on our Wiki page here.

Kind regards.

by anonymous
Hello, thankyou. I have two sources of data.  The AVL data and the data coming from the RS232.  both should have 60 records after one hour. After the unit has connection after one hour of no connection - why does it send one AVL packet with around 19 records within, then ALL of the codec133 data collected from the RS232 in separate packets, and then after all of that, it will catch up with the remaining AVL data.

I;m on original firmware, will try to update.

Thanks - L
by anonymous

AVL packets might not be sent after the stated period because sometimes there is not enough data to be sent, if that is the case, the device waits for its next send period to collect the data hence why you are receiving 19 records. This usually happens when device stays in the same position for prolonged periods of time without any changes in its states, it is more of a power saving feature.

Regarding the RS232 input and the remaining AVL data, your RS232 data might have been stacked together since it is coming from the same codec protocol and then the remainder of the data would be AVL because it would continue making records after sending the packets, however it is hard to tell based on limited support available here on crowd support forum. It would all depend on the way the device records data, what sleep mode you're in, device state when the data from rs232 got sent.

If you would like to go into more detail regarding device state and how it receives data from the from external device, I would advise you to create a query with your sales manager or technical support where they will be able to help your query in detail. If you don't have any contacts with our Sale managers, please contact with them on our official website https://teltonika-gps.com/ and click on the "Contact Us" button. When you will click, please fill the form and submit it. Note: as a topic, please choose "Vehicle telematics". Or you can send an e-mail with description of your situation to info@teltonika.lt When contacting Us, please provide: IMEI/Logs/Configuration file/Intenational GSM number/Firmware version/ect, please follow these recommendations: https://wiki.teltonika-gps.com/view/Recommendations_for_filling_a_query_description