FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous
I have several FMB204 attached to truck trailers as additional monitoring devices. I have the followig case:

The FMB204 is attached to trailer and provided with power from truck when it is running. When It is disconnected, my FMB204 transmits position for some minutes and goes to sleep as trailer is not moving.

I need to monitor a trailer position even when it is not moving and is disconnected from power source for at least 2 weeks. It can be one server request per hour or even per 3-6 hours with GPS coordinates. When power is restored or trailer moves (without power source) the normal request interval should be restored.

Additionally I'd like to report battery operation in server request to detect when power is disocnnected/restored.

Regards,

Maciej

I have tried some sleep modes but one with capability above drains battery quite quickly.

Maybe I'm missing something in my configuration or maybe someone has already a solution for such case?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello Maciej,

FMB204 has integrated Li-ion battery 3.75V, 1800mAh – you can refer to FMB204 Basic characteristics.

Current consumptions – you can refer to FMB204 Technical features:

- GPRS: average 40.1 mA r.m.s

- Nominal: average 28.3 mA

- GPS Sleep Mode: average 15.7 mA

- Online Sleep Mode: average 4.2 mA

- Deep Sleep Mode: average 3.9 mA

- Ultra Deep Sleep Mode: average 2.1 mA

This corresponds to a battery life of;

- 1.87 days = 0.27 weeks for GPRS,

- 2.65 days = 0.38 weeks for nominal operation,

- 4.78 days = 0.68 weeks for GPS Sleep Mode,

- 17.86 days = 2.55 weeks for Online Sleep Mode,

- 19.23 days = 2.75 weeks for Deep Sleep Mode and

- 35.71 days = 5.10 weeks for Ultra Deep Sleep Mode.

So with Online Sleep Mode and Deep Sleep Mode, you will have approx. 2.5 and 2.75 weeks battery life, respectively.

Please note: When in Deep Sleep Mode, the FMB204 device turns off the GSM/GPRS module, so it is not possible to wake up the device with SMS commands – you can refer to FMB204 Deep Sleep Mode.

When a Sleep Mode is active, the FMB204 device wakes up and sends data with GNSS coordinates according to the FMB204 I/O settings and FMB204 Data acquisition settings.

Here you need to configure the FMB204 Data acquisition settings so as not to drain the battery excessively.

For plug and unplug event – you can refer to FMB204 Unplug Detection.

Here you can receive the data for internal battery level (AVL ID 67: Battery Voltage) together with the plug and unplug event.

Here you need to define a Priority (Parameter ID: 50120) for Battery Voltage in the FMB204 device configuration settings.

In this way, you will also receive internal battery level data with each sent record according to FMB204 Data acquisition settings.

PS:

If you still have issues - please contact your sales manager to better assess your needs and usage conditions and recommend the most suitable configuration options for you.

If you do not have any connection with our sales managers, please contact us via our official website:

- Go to https://teltonika-gps.com/,

- click the "CONTACT US" button at the bottom right of the page,

- fill the online form

- and submit it.

Please select "Telematics" as the topic.

Alternatively, you can send an e-mail with a detailed description of your situation to info@teltonika.lt.

When contacting us, please follow these recommendations: https://wiki.teltonika-gps.com/view/Recommendations_for_filling_a_query_description

I hope this helps. I wish you a good day.

Best Regards,

0 votes
by anonymous
You need a 10W solar panel connected direcly to the FMB204 power.

With this solution my FMB204 units can work without truck power and trasmitting data to server every 2 minutes in movement and 10 minutes when stopped.

No more then 10w because the maximum charge current is 215 mah when the solar panel can generate near 1 ah.
by anonymous
OK, I believe this will work on sunny days, but what about winter and autumn cloudy days?

What about night driving? I believe the best solution would be a kind of power bank/buffer which would store more energy than FMB204 battery to provide the energy for longer time.
by anonymous

No, daylight is sufficient to generate power to charge the battery.

FMB204 has a 1800mah battery and the onboard circuit charge it at 215mha so from 0 to 100% it need 9 hours if daylight, no sun.

If you need more power you can consider a big battery (like 10 Ampere) with a solar controller like this.