FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous
Hi there,

I am needing to perform auto scan on the FMB140 devices in order to receive the correct program number for CAN readings on vehicles. I have done this before through the configurator, but it is a bit of a hassle having to connect physically to devices in order to get program numbers when they are not available on the LV-CAN 200 compatible vehicle list.

Is there no SMS command that allows for autoscan to be performed by the device without connecting physically with a laptop etc.

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I could only choose vehicle tracking as a category for this ticket.

Kind regards

Dean Fleming.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello Dean, 

Good day. Thank you for the question.

There is no SMS/GPRS command for autoscanning procedure. After device startup, autoscan will begin. It will scan for available program numbers with a timeout of 50 seconds. Autoscan feature will retry for 3 times in total. After that autoscan will be cancelled. If autoscan on init is successful, it will take the first program number received and set it in the internal CAN chip and device configuration. Thus, the device will continue to work with that program number. The rest of the program number list can be received using the SMS command: lvcanproglist.

These conditions have to be met for the autoscan to start:

1) Device has a program number 11120 or 11130

2) Ignition source is DIN1 or Power Voltage

3) Ignition must be ON

For more information, please refer here - https://wiki.teltonika-gps.com/view/FMB140_autoscan_feature_instructions

Kind regards.