FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous
Hey,

I currently have 20x fmb920. Those trackers send to two servers. My question is if the first server is no longer used will server 2 still work? Because we are going to close the first server

1 Answer

–1 vote
by anonymous

Hi If you configure the backup server, Yes it will work. but I recommend to change the configuration of your devices via FOTA Web.

-FMB920 GPRS settings - Wiki Knowledge Base | Teltonika GPS (teltonika-gps.com)

It is a better choice to delete your primary server settings and move the second server server settings as your primary server. 

Regards, 

Maynard

by anonymous
But if I didn't change that would something happen?
by anonymous
Hello.

If you currently are duplicating to 2 servers and you shut down the primary one, device would still try sending records to both servers the working one and not working one. It is recommended to remove inactive server from configuration, so that device would not be attempting to constantly send to deactivated server as in such case it would be storing records on internal memory as it cannot send them.

So it is highly recommended to adjust your configuration as needed if one of the 2 servers device is sending to get shut down.

Best Regards