FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by
Hi!

I'm using a barcode scanner connected to FMB125 via RS232 and I want to receive the data on AVL packet

I'm not receiving any data configurating TCP ASCII mode nor TCP ASCII buffered

Also I saw in the new AVL list there is a new I/O named Delimiter ID 109 but in the configurator is not avaiable that option, FW version is 03.10.08

In the configurator Maintenance tab I can see the data in HEX when I configure LCD mode and RFID HID mode but there is some troubles

LCD mode doesn't arrive to server and RFID HID mode I only receive part of the scan.

How can I get the full information?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

In current base firmware version we do not support any barcode scanners with RS232/RS485, this means that you will not able to get proper barcode in AVL packet (even when using LCD or RFID HID modes mentioned). Although you are still able to read scanned barcode with FMB125 by using TCP link mode (TCP ASCII). The scanned data will be sent directly to your server in Codec 12 format (Codec 12 protocol required). Below short description:

Any string of data coming to device RS232 will be routed to server (if link is currently active). Messages that are exchanged between FM device and server, has to be packed in Codec 12 format.  

Please contact your Teltonika sales manager to receive Codec 12 protocol and detailed instructions.

Best regards
Best answer