FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by
Hi,

I'm using FMB920 trackers with Traccar with a security use-case in mind. So they are installed in cars that spend most of their time garaged and are used occasionally.

What I'd like is for the tracker to still report a position perhaps twice a day when in STOP mode as a heartbeat so we know it is still operating. Then in MOVING mode it reports every 15 minutes. I have configured them to do this.

My question is to do with Sleep modes. I had assumed that if I put them into Ultra Deep Sleep mode that they would still wake up and send a report for the On Stop Send Period. But it seems I misunderstood the documentation and actually once they go to sleep, they will not wake up until the car moves.

I am keen to use as little battery power as possible so as to not run down the car battery if left for a few weeks or potentially even months without being used.

What is the best (by best I mean the one that will use the least power) sleep mode that will still send a report periodically? It doesn't need to acquire a new GPS signal, just send the report of the last recorded position and acquire a new GPS signal once the car starts moving. Will Deep Sleep Mode (as oppose to Ultra Deep Sleep Mode) do this?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Yes, Deep Sleep Mode is the best option for you.

It will send the periodic records while in deep sleep.

4.06 mA is the average current consumption in this mode.

Thanks in advance,

Naveen