FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Are you asking whether the LV-CAN200 performs CAN requests by itself or whether it monitors for broadcast CAN traffic?

Best regards,
Best answer
by
Yes, thanks. You understand my thoughts better then me xD
It will be great, if you can explain this question in details.
by anonymous
Hi,

I have performed some tests on my vehicle when installing LVCAN (with a CAN-USB interface and LVCAN on the same bus) and the LVCAN module made the CAN requests by itself (i.e. active mode). I am pretty much 100% certain it works in passive mode as well since it has the hardware capability to do so, but I haven't personally seen it myself. Maybe Teltonika staff might clarify this.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
by

Hi,

I have performed some tests on my vehicle when installing LVCAN (with a CAN-USB interface and LVCAN on the same bus) and the LVCAN module made the CAN requests by itself (i.e. active mode). I am pretty much 100% certain it works in passive mode as well since it has the hardware capability to do so, but I haven't personally seen it myself. Maybe Teltonika staff might clarify this.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Thanks alot, it really helps!

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello.

Could you please specify your question about LV-CAN200 adapter?

Thank you

Best Regards
by

Can't find any information about which mode LV-CAN200 use, CAN-passive or CAN-active? Im sorry,If i formulate my question incorrect.