FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous
Hey

I've been using Teltonika trackers for my company's vehicles for quite some time now ; definitely happy with them :)

I now need to track a motorcycle that doesn't have a battery (ie. it supplies 12VDC only when the engine is running); I'd like to avoid fully discharging the tracker's internal battery each time the bike is left unused so I'm wondering if there would be a way to configure the tracker (eg. FMB204 or FMT100) to automatically shut down when its internal battery charge level is less than a given threshold and there's no external 12V supply present.
Any chance to have that kind of feature implemented someday ? (or maybe it already exists in recent firmwares ?)

Alternatively, is there a way to activate a digital output based on the internal battery charge level ? That would allow me to "implement" the function described above with external relays...

Cheers !

Ivan

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello.

This feature is actually implemented into our devices, but it is not configurable. Our devices turn off when internal battery reach certain amount  of charge, our device does not let battery to discharge completely.

Best Regards.
by anonymous
Thanks - that more or less solves what I thought would be a problem.

You may still want to to consider adding the battery charge level to the list of input values that can generate events, this would allow to configure a device to send an alarm/event based on low battery level (I've implemented such alarm on the tracking server side but this obviously doesn't work well when the device is in sleep mode for long periods).

Cheers
by anonymous

Hello.

Well there is Battery Level parameter (AVL ID 113). You can configure this element to generate events and eventual records.

Best Regards

by anonymous
Oh, I've somehow overlooked that parameter ! I'm wondering if I don't have an old firmware/software version where it's not shown, I'll have to check that next week when I have access to the devices.

Thank you -  and sorry for the noise.

Kind regards