FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by
I found a document that specifies the information I can extract from the can bus of a specific vehicule using an All-Can . My question is , the information available depends only on the machine (I'm interested in working with agricultural machinery) or is there some information the All-Can itself can't decode? It seems weird that for some machines the available information is too little and I want to know if it's an issue in the decoding of the J1939 protocol.

Another question, do all companies use the same J1939 coding or it may vary depending in the company?

Thank you.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

The available parameters from the CAN bus is according to vehicle Make and model.

Some vehicles will not use J1939, They will use their own proprietary protocols.

If you have a CAN Scanning tool, and SAE J1939 - 71 standard document, You can check all the available parameters and manually configure the CAN in FMB 640.

Thanks in advance

Naveen
Best answer