FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous
Hello!

Please tell me in what format should I transmit data via RS 232 so that they are valid if the settings for RS 232 are set to RFID FM7?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello vbm,

Thank you for your question.

To get information from RFID reader, you will need to choose RFID HID Mode or RFID MF7 Mode. The difference between them is that in RFID MF7 Mode FMB125 understands RFID messages that are in hexadecimal text format and RFID HID Mode interprets messages that are in binary format. The type of RFID message sent to FMB125 depends on the RFID reader. For example, RFID MF7 mode message looks like "$aa$02$03$04$17$89$00$01" while HID mode message is of following format: "1213141519".

The selected mode has to correspond to the RFID reader's mode.

Please let us know if you will have any questions for us.

Stay safe,

Teltonika Support
by anonymous

Thank you for your answer.

This information is in the instructions. 

I'm interested in the full package format so that it is recognized as RFID MF7 Mode FMB125.

for example:

STX(02 HEX) DATA( 8 HEX CHARACTERS ) CR LF ETX(03 HEX)
The start character is factory defined as an ‘STX’ (02 HEX). This is followed by 8 Hex characters of data . The CR\LF characters serve to bring the received screen text back to the left hand side and on the line below after the data bytes have been sent. The ‘ETX’ (03 HEX) character denotes the end of the current transmission