FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous
Hi,

I've made some tests with a FMU125 with the firmware version 03.25.10. Rev.165 and a multicarrier sim. The sim is from the provider Emnify. The problem is that if the sim is not initially registered in the cell network, the device doesn't get signal network.

If I install the sim in another device, like FMB120 or FMB920, the sim is registered in the cell network and the device get signal network and opens the data link.

Then, if I install back the same sim to the FMU125, the device gets signal and it opens data link.

I've made the test with different sims from the same provider, and I get the same results. I need to put the sim in a different device for the sim get registered in the network and then change it to the FMU to get it work.

It only happens with this device, the sims were tested on FMB devices, FMM130 and FM36M1, and they worked fine.

I've requested the latest firmware to our sales distributor but they sent me the same firmware that has the device.

The device works fine with sims from local operators

Is there a new firmware that we can test?

Regards

Adán Cabrera

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello Adán,

Thank you for your detailed description. It was useful to clearly understand your situation.

In this case, we would like to recommend you to try to update your device up to 03.25.10.Rev.175 because of many minor improvements of GSM working.

We would like to inform you that we do not share firmware files / updater and other files in the community forum. To receive firmware files, updater, and documentation on devices, you can try to contact our Sales manager. Please contact them on our official website https://teltonika-iot-group.com/ and click on "Contact Us" button. When you will click, please fill the form and submit it.

Note: as a topic, please choose "Vehicle telematics".

Stay safe,

Teltonika Support