FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
in Vehicle tracking by

I have to mount a FMB204 on a motorcycle.

I have always had good results before, but I have been able to get the device close to horizontal, mounted under front fairing panels.

On this bike I have two possible mounting choices:

1. Under front **** around the tank, where it's likely that the device will be pitched forward 25~30° and rolled to the right or left by about 10°. Space will be very tight here also, if it even fits.
  2. Under the tail piece, where the device will be close to horizontal but will not have a clear view of the sky, because it will be partially covered by an aluminium top box and mounting plate and as a result will may not get consistent satellite lock
Option 1 would be my preferred location as the tracker will be well hidden, but can anyone tell me if the towing detection function will still work effectively? I'm not bothered about crashed detection - i just need to know if the bike is disturbed.
Option 2 is fall back if towing doesn't work or the space is insufficient to use option 1, but I suspect the tracking will be less effective and the device will be easier to find.
Thoughts?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

In FMB204, accelerometer auto calibration option is available, Just set auto calibration as continuous.

So your device mounting position doesn't effect the accelerometer features.

Thanks in advance

Naveen
Best answer
by
Thanks Naveen.

I don't see this function in any of the menus. My firmware in 03.18.16 Rev 00

Is it in a later version of firmware?
by
Ahh, I see it is in version 03.25.07.

Does this remove the requirement for the cable entry to be facing forward?
0 votes
by anonymous
Yes, I think so.
by

I guess we'll find out in a week or so....laugh

I'll let you know....

by anonymous
Well I got to follow up - it works fine within the parameters i noted above for option 1, with Auto calibrate on.