FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous
My Teltonika FMB9220 will not report position if I telephone it, nor will it send out text alerts.

One issue that I have not been able to resolve is the FMB920 will not report position if I telephone it, nor send out text alerts. I have my cell phone number installed under GSM Pre Defined numbers and it is set to report position on receipt of a call but nothing happens. I can instruct it by text and if I send space space ggps for example it responds by text. I have the cell phone number in the format of 07971****** (with the asterisks replaced with the correct number :)) Any ideas please? Thank you.

1 Answer

0 votes
by
Hi, I just did that and its working fine for me. Be sure to include your country code in a gsm predefined number like for Pakistan 92**********
by anonymous
Thanks, I have tried the full country code and it still does not respond. The FMB920 answers after the briefest of rings (one can hardly make out the first ring tone) and then it makes a continuous tone. I forgot to add firmware version above, it is:

Firmware is 03.25.05 Rev:00 Configuration 6.1.4.0
by anonymous
Still not got this FMB920 to return a position upon dialling it, it will go to just ringing out, or doing nothing depending on settings in "Incoming Call Settings" but fails to sms its position if set to "return position". As I mentioned an sms to it of space space ggps gets its position returned by sms immediately. Could it be a sim card issue? It now has the latest firmware on it, but no change. Thanks.
by
Got same issue. Any update on this. Was the problem ever solved?
by
No, I never managed to find or be offered a fix, sorry. if you find one please let me know!! Thanks.
by anonymous
just got the tracker and I have the same issue.

I have put my numbers with + as on the manual was saying it wouldn't change anything.
Also, I got the same results, if I send the sms to the tracker I got a reply with the position by sms in return, not if I make a call, but the strange thing is I can see that the counter of SMS is updated if I make a call, so it looks like in theory it has sent a sms, but I haven't received anything.

Has anyone find where the issue is?
by
Never resolved this, tried everything suggested, it may be my service provider??