FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by
Hi,

One of my device client FM3001 doesn't send data to the server. I checked the SIM Card there is enough Data available. The support of my server recommend me to restore the factory settings of the device. However, the device is located in Australia and me in Europe.Can I do that from at distance via the Teltonika configurator software ?

Best regards.

Tony

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

If you restore to factory settings, all of your configurations will be lost,including your IP and server settings.So the device will not communicate to your server after that.

You can do a soft reset by sending the command cpureset through sms or GPRS.

If you have the FOTA software and Modem (Not configurator software) , you can access the device and change the configurations.

Thanks
Naveen
by
Hi,

Thanks for your response.

Suddenly the device doesn't send data to the server anymore, so the GPRS connection is not available. I checked the SIM Card and there is data available.

I asked my client to unplug.the device and then replug it. I'm waiting for the response.

I forgot to mention the second part. The support recommended me to restore the factory settings and then reconfigure it that's why my question.

I.can't send the command via GPRS.

How can I have access to the FOTA software ? Do I need to ask my sales manager?

I could reach the device with the IMEI ?

Best regards.

Tony
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

First you need to confirm that the device is ON in the vehicle by visually checking some LED status by client.

Can the client send sms to the device ? If yes you can get some information about the device status.

Yes,You can ask to your sales manager for FOTA.

FOTA is using the device IMEI  and mobile number to reach the device.

Tell your current situation (The device is in another country ) to the sales manager and cross check with ( FOTA can access the device) him before you purchase.

Thanks

Naveen

Thanks

Naveen
by
Hi,

Thanks for your quick response.

I asked the client to unplug and replug it and then check the LED status.

The SMS Gateway is not enable on the server, I did some research online and I don't understand how it works and which request method I have to.configure.

I just asked my sales manager for FOTA.

Best regards.

Tony