FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by

Hello,

I use SMS Event Time Zone : UTC+01:00 But when I ask position : user pass getgps I receive answer with UTC+00:00 Time zone,

How can I changed Time zone when I receive (ANSWERS from device not Events) with UTC+01:00 ?

Thank you,

3 Answers

0 votes
by

Hello, 

FMB001 works in synchronized GPS time which is UTC+0, with "SMS Event Time Zone" customer can configure the time zone and get SMS messages with correct time. GPS module uses UTC – Coordinated Universal Time, GT – Greenwich Time because it gets time synchronization from satellite clocks, so the answer of device "getgps" should always be UTC+00:00. After time synchronization with GSM operator or NTP server, device sends packets with Your local Time Zone time.

0 votes
by
Hello,

Thank you for your answer,

I'm sure that I already selected "NITZ" for Synchronization time with GSM operator to get local Time Zone but still UTC+00:00,

Of course I selected "NITZ" using FMB Configurator -> Time synchronization settings then I clicked "Save to device" but nothing I already rebooted my device,

Any other suggestion please ?

by

Hello,

Thank you for updating us on Your issue,

Can you confirm that after time synchronization You can see correct time according to Your time zone in the configurator?

If You use getinfo command can You see the correct time?

As explained in the previous answer, device response to  "getgps" command should always be UTC+00:00, because this command provides you with GMT time, You use SMS Event Time Zone for eventual SMS messages.

Best regards.

0 votes
by

I'm sure,

I modified time zone to : UTC+01:00 than I selected "NITZ" for Synchronization time ans I save to device,

When I receive ggps sms response I got for example :

D:18/11/14 T:19:34:30 S:0.00 C:50.816813, 4.412352 Url: http://maps.google.com/?q=50.816813,4.412352&om=1speed:0

and I receive sms alert I got :

2018/11/14 20:35:42 Lon:4.412352 Lat:50.816814 Movement Val:0

So events use correctly UTC+1, but ggps ou getgps commands use only UTC+00:00 and my operator time as UTC+01:00.

Are you understand what I mean,

Thank you :)