FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by

Hello,

How can I convert decimal value to decimal degrees please ?

Example : 50895408 becomes 50.895408.

Thank you.

by anonymous
You must divide it by 10_000_000

because in calculating coordinate it multiplied with 10_000_000

1 Answer

0 votes
by

Hi there, 

Latitude measurements are imaginary lines that run around the earth, parallel to the equator. Degrees of latitude are the opposite of degrees of longitude, which are imaginary lines that run around the earth perpendicular to the equator. Together latitude and longitude are used to track coordinates, measure distance, and determine directions. Latitude can be stated in degree form -- with minutes and seconds -- or in decimal form. You can convert a latitudinal measurement from degrees to a decimal by following a mathematical formula.

Divide minutes by 60. For example, if you had a degree followed by 45 minutes, you would divide 45 by 60 to get 0.75.

Divide seconds by 3600. For instance, if you had a degree and minutes followed by 35 seconds, you would divide 35 by 3600 to get 0.00972.

Add your answers from steps one and two and state the answer after the decimal following the number of degrees. For instance, if you have a latitude of 150 degrees 45 minutes 35 seconds North, you would convert this to a decimal value of 150.75972.

by

Hello,

Thank you for your answer,

Could you apply your formula on these decimals please : 50895408 and 44125450.

I want to see how you calculate this example.

Thank you.

by anonymous

Wonderful site , very informative. I wonder why the opposite experts of this sector don't notice this. You should continue your writing. I am sure, you have a great readers' base already! 

JCPenney Kiosk Login