FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous
HI,

I would like to ask, for how to use MANUAL CAN I/O for FMB640?

where can I get CAN message from vehicle?

How to configure Output data mask?

how to know which one is CAN ID?
by anonymous
Hi

Byte 4 of FEF1 including Brake Switch and Clutch Switch.

SPN 597 Brake Switch - Bits 5 & 6 of Byte 4

SPN 598 Clutch Switch - Bits 7 & 8 of Byte 4

What you configured is correct in Manual CAN.You will get a one byte data in CAN 0.

Convert that hex byte to binary,now you have 8 bits.

Take bit 5 & 6,that is your Brake Switch and bit 7 & 8 is your Clutch switch.

Thanks

Naveen

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

If CAN data  retrieved via FMS you can use this document:

http://www.fms-standard.com/Truck/down_load/fms%20document_v_04_vers.13.10.2017.pdf

If vehicle does not support FMS. CAN ID and data mask can be provided by vehicle manufacturer. 

More details about Manual CAN (there is explanation how to use it) in Teltonika's wiki page: https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/FMB640_Manual_CAN_IO
E.G: High Resolution vehicle distance.

CAN ID: FFFEC1FF 

Data mask: 1,2,3,4 will be on

Hope this will help. 

Best Regards.

by anonymous

Hi,

"If CAN data  retrieved via FMS you can use this document" --> where can I see this CAN data from FMS?

I already test by connecting CAN1 H and L from FMB640 to CAN H and L from vehicle via J1939 port, and then I 

1. opened FMB640 configurator, 

2. tap on CAN \ Tachograph, set CAN1 bus speed to AUTO, FMS settings - FMS data source to CAN 1, save to device

3. tap on FMS IO, set IO Control Settings - IO send Options to Always, IO send mode set to Send Zeroes, save to device

4. On FMS IO list, all list turn to green but not all on list have a value, for example I got percentage of Accelerator pedal position but i didn't got Brake switch.

so the question is, 

1. Where can I see this CAN data that was retrieved from FMS?

2. If on FMS IO I can read some of the CAN data from the vehicle, does that mean I can set some of the CAN Data that can't be read on FMS IO on MANUAL CAN IO ? for example, on FMS IO I didn't get the Brake Switch CAN data, but I can set it on Manual CAN IO based on the document that you gave me? 

by anonymous
FMS data is documented in this FMS document I gave you and yes, you can set it in Manual Can IO. For example there is PGN number 65265 for Break Switch Can Data. Convert this to Hex: FEF1. So can ID will be: FFFEF1FF. Then use SPN number 597, in document this number uses Data byte 4(Data mask :enable 4), the values  00 = pedal released 01 = pedal depressed.
by anonymous

Hi,

i'm starting to figuring out about this manual CAN IO, using Break Switch as an example, 

that the configuration if I want to set Break Switch on Manual CAN IO, and when I want to see the result, I could check it on CAN 0 and see on Data Byte 4 for pedal depressed the data value should 10 in HEX (00010000 in Biner) right?

if I want to set for Clutch Switch too, it use the same configuration and  Data Byte 4 for Clutch pedal depressed and break pedal depressed  value should be 50 in HEX (01010000 in Biner)

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi Naveen,

Thank you for your explanation,

I have another question, this is the case that currently happening, we have a vehicle that support J1939 port, FMB640 are connected to CAN H and L, on configurator we can see some of the parameter are changed base on action of the vehicle, the question is, if I have a CANBUS SNIFFER and I can get other CAN data that was not on FMS Standard description list, could I input that CAN data through MANUAL CAN IO?
by anonymous
Hi,

Yes,You can do that.

If you configure all the CAN parameters(FMS+others) in Manual CAN section,everything will work fine.

But I am not sure about FMS IO and Manual IO together will work,Maybe it will work but I didn't try that yet.

Thanks

Naveen