FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous

Hey guys,

Has anyone experienced any cases where the FM3612 stops working while driving? This happened several times with several clients of ours. In order to fix this, we have to physically unplug the device, and then plug it back in. Firmware version is 01.09.22.
Let me know if anyone else has also experienced this, and how we might be able to fix it remotely.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

If you send SMS, you receive answers ?

Regards.
by anonymous
Yeah. I can receive SMS answers. It says the GPRS is 0 instead of 1. Once I unplug/plug it resolved.

This is what I got:
Data Link: 0 GPRS: 0 Phone: 0 SIM: 0 OP: 33805 Signal; 4 Roaming: 1 LAC: 11002 Cell ID: 5348864
by anonymous

Hi,

Try cpureset sms command.

Check if you don't have a problem with your timeout :

Open Link Timeout and Server Response Timeout parameters.

Also, check your data acquisition mode parameters : 

Min Period and Send Period parameters.

SMS command to get your currect data acquisition mode : user pass readio 80.

Provide me your values.

Regards.

by anonymous
Active Data Link Timeout (ID=1011) = 3600
Server Response Timeout (ID=1012) = 60

Keep in mind the response I got earlier indicates that there's no GPRS connectivity as seen in the previous response
by anonymous

Hello,

Personally, when I enable GPRS (setparam 2000:1) and then I check status (getstatus) my GPRS status still 0 :

Only when I start my server platform and I accept packet (ACK), after that I can GPRS status enabled.

I don't know if this behavior is normal or no, that's why, you have to see maybe the problem is elsewhere.

Are you sure you don't have power problem (sure SMS continuous working but only GPRS don't working) ?

Did you check the Min Period and Send Period parameters of your current data acquisition mode ?

by anonymous
Min. period 1570: 300

Send period 1574: 7
param 2000 was already set at 1.

The power is fine, since it is responding. I honestly believe it has something to do with FM3612's firmware. Teltonika says the latest version is supposed to solve this issue.