FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+2 votes
in Vehicle tracking by
We're facing an issue with GPS fix on many FMB920 (at the moment more than 100 devices affected).

It looks like once FMB920 exits from deep sleep, sometimes something goes wrong and device is not able to make a GPS fix anymore.

Tracker sends always data to our platform with no valid fix and 0 satellites. All other infomation (ignition, battery voltage and whatever) are correct. Once device enters this situation, there's no way to restore it but issuing a "cpureset" command (by GPRS or SMS). After cpureset, tracker immediately send correct GPS data and start working properly again. We have trackers that sent data with no valid fix for few consecutive weeks, there's no way to exit this situation, a simple cpureset immediately fix it.

This problem affect any firmware version 03.10.x / 03.18.x and also the latest 03.25.05.

It doesn't happen immediately after installation, but typically after weeks or months later, and usually it happens once or twice in the whole life of a device.

Already in touch with Helpdesk, but after many weeks, tests and logs, no way to get a solution.

Did anybody have to face the same issue?
by anonymous
Hi Federico,

¿Could you fix the problem? We have the same problem with FMB120 new devices received and we do not found any answer until this moment.

Thansk if you can share the solution.

Regards,

Jaime
by
I am trying to configure FMB920 and FMB630. And facing the same issue of GPS fix in both the devices. Did you find any proper fix for this issue?

1 Answer

0 votes
by
Hello I am having the exact same problem here but not on such scale, 1 or 2 devices until now.
by anonymous

Hello,

More than 100 devices affected surprise ?

It seems platform (server) problem.

by
Could you share your contacts in a private message?

I'd like to investigate if we have some similarities because technical support told me they've never seen It before...
by
eTracker ... I would esclude a server problem.

We have thousands of devices connected. Moreover, a cpureset immediately fixes the issue.
by anonymous
I can confirm that a cpureset immediately solves the issue.
by anonymous

cpureset fixes the problem for how long ?

by
We detect this issue in the 5% of the active devices. It typically happens once or twice in the whole life of the device, so after a cpureset device starts working properly for months.

Problem is quite annoying because it requires a manual cpureset from our technical support and once we detect this issue we have typically lost days or weeks of valid data.
by anonymous
It happens once or twice in the whole of device life and with cpureset device starts working properly for months, so you're right, the problem has no relation with server.

I'm a beginner with GPS Trackers, I did't encounter this problem, 2 weeks before, I received empty packets (because I did't correctly acked periodic packets to keep link open, so I got an empty packet when device closes the socket. But your problem is more complicated xD

Sorry, let's wait Teltonika Support advice.
by
We're already in touch with the helpdesk, and opened an issue since the beginning of August, but after 2 months we got no solution yet because problem is quite impossibile to replicate.

We asked if somebody else had the same issue so we can share some information in order to identify the root cause.