FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous

Hello,

I changed Open Link Timeout (ID=1000) parameter to maximum value as recommended : 259200 seconds.

I changed Server Response Timeout (ID=1001) parameter to maximum value too : 300 minutes (5 minutes).

I want to keep link between Server and Device opened (several hours), I will try to be clear to explain my problem :

Firstly, I receive correctly IMEI packets then I send ACK, then I receive Data Array, and then I send Data Array ACK.

After that, I can send commands correctly without problem, but unfortunately, after 5 minutes (300 seconds) the socket becomes closed :(

Even if I send new command every 2 minutes, the socket becomes closed after 5 minutes (so impossible to send more than 2 or 3 commands).

I understand if after every command I got new 5 minutes timeout, so every 5 minutes I can send I new command to keep Link opened.

But in my case the link becomes closed after 5 minutes even if I send a new command every minute :

I hope you understand my problem and I hope you find me a solution with a clear answer :)

Thank you.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for your query,

Could you make sure that the socket is not closed by the operator? To do this please configure:

"Records Settings"

"Network Ping Timeout" - ~10 / 30 seconds.

This would ping the server and stop from link closing,

Hope this helps,

Regards.