FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous
I'd like to be able to send SMS and manage the SMS list from my application over GPRS on devices like FMB920 with some command like gsmctl.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Please elaborate on "manage the SMS list" ?

Configure authorized gsm numbers?
by anonymous
There's a SIM in the tracker. The SIM stores a list of SMS. Right?
So I'd like to be able to send an SMS from the tracker (for example to check the account), and get the list of SMS, and read an SMS from the list (or the whole list at once) or delete it or empty the list. As I said I'd like to be able to perform these operations over GPRS. That's it.
What else can "to manage the SMS list" mean?

To configure authorized GSM numbers a manual is enough.
by anonymous
Ok, understood what you want.

The thing is - our FMB devices on any sms reception - act as if this is some sort of sms/gprs command.

And if it isnt (in the case of some advertisements, or account check sms even) -> all these sms will be deleted.

So regarding getting a list of SMS from the sim memory - you will not be able to get that. Because it will be empty.

Second - regarding initiating sms sending from device by sms/gprs command - there is no such functionality.

You could ofcourse - contact sales representatives and request for such functionality.

Best regards