FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by

Devices FM3001 and FMB001

How do we handle the Odometer value in Trip/Odometer settings for new configuration to be sent via FOTA WEB?

Let's say the vehicle right now has 22,000km. Do I put 22,000 km as value for the new configuration? 

What if the vehicle makes 10 km between now and the new configuration push, i.e. vehicle now is 22,000km, I set 22,000 in the configuration file but by the time the new configuration is uploaded via FOTA web the vehicle makes 10 km more. How do we handle such cases?

1 Answer

0 votes
by
Hello,

If the Odometer is set using a whole configuration push, it will likely lose the current trip data. Although I am not certain what exactly happens to the data collected before the cfg update, it will likely be inaccurate, like you said.

A quicker way would be to simply set the Odometer value using an SMS command rather than an entire cfg update (assuming you can communicate with your SIM cards with no complications):

setparam 11807:22000

Two spaces before the command are neccessary since they delimit an SMS login and password if they are set. The 22000 is the value you want to set the odometer to.

If you want the Odometer value of the device to reflect the actual odometer of the car as accurately as possible, set the measuring mode to OBD, since it measures using distance travelled without error codes + distance travelled with error codes. And send the SMS command to set the odometer when the car is not being driven. In that case, the device will receive the command after turning on and will start adding trip distance to the new base value.
by
Hi,

Thank you for your comment!

Actually, I want to update other parameters like eco score and GNSS fuel counters. Since the odometer value is the only "dynamic" value in the configuration that changes over time, I was wondering what will happen to it if I push new configuration file.

Do you know whether there is a way to update the configuration file without changing the current odometer value?

Also, where do i find the complete list with SMS commands?

Thank you!