FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by
Good morning, I'm trying to send commands to my FMB920 device, but I'm not succeeding. Any data send command, which is not configurable as "codec 8 protocol" as the picture, is this device codec 8 or codec12?
Any command I send it closes the connection, I would like an example of getting data and an example of setting parameters, please.
I looked at the codec12 and codec8 documentation and was unsuccessful with any. Can you help me?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Commands are sent via Codec12 protocol. In your case you're not confirming the connection with 0x01 after you receive the IMEI of the device.

In order to send a command, the device first will connect to you, present itself (short hello packet containing the IMEI. At this point you should either accept the device (0x01) or reject it (0x00). Then the socket stays open and the device will start to report data via Codec8 or Codec8E. For every reported AVL data you have to ack it (short packet that contains the number of accepted "AVLs"), otherwise the device will close the connection and reconnect. Between the AVL data you could send commands encoded with Codec12.
0 votes
by

See the image I sent 01 in hex, and I received several strange characters, after I sent "00000000000000110C010500000009676574696E666F0D0A010000DA7E" and the connection is closed, I can't send this string in hex. Would you have any practical example?
by anonymous

I think the device has AVL data for you and it's sending it right after you approve the connection. You have to receive the pending records according to the protocol. If you don't (or send something different), the device will close the connection. Basically you have to decode the hex, find the number of AVL records that were sent to you and send acknowledgement packet. Check this link for more information.