FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous

2 Answers

+1 vote
by anonymous

I don't know why anyone would tell you that the FM3001 is not supported by FotaWeb when it is.

As you can see below, I have an FM3001 in my FotaWeb account and it is fully supported.

But as it is currently and probably forever, FotaWeb is on invitation-only basis, and the invitation structure functions hierarchically, so you should always approach the seller of that product to ask for an invitation. If the seller has just resold the product and is unable to invite you, then the seller can ask where they purchased the product and so on. The person who can register the product as a minimum needs the product's IMEI no and Serial no, as well as the e-mail address to which the invitation is sent.

There seem to be a few, high up in the hierarchy that can move products between FotaWeb accounts, but if you would like to move a product to another account, then you must know who has already registered the product, and then you ask for a written permit for the move from the current registrant.

I know it can seem very cumbersome when you look at it as a new owner of a product, but it is actually a pretty good system because it ensures that unauthorized people do not have the opportunity to take control of your products via FotaWeb, and it is a really good security in many cases.

Therefore, my best advice is that if you buy Teltonika products used or from places that do not immediately look like a regular distributor or retailer, always ask the seller for information about the product and the possibility of FotaWeb 'before' you buy the product.

I can see on ebay that there are actually some regular retailers selling there too, so you should have good opportunities to get on FotaWeb by writing to the ebay seller you bought the product from.

Good luck

Best answer
–2 votes
by
FM3001 not supported by FOTA WEB