FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
–1 vote
in Vehicle tracking by
Hello,

I am currenly exploring the option to update device configuration over FOTA. I have few questions:

- is there a way to modify a presaved configuration file without having an extra device at hand? For example, if i have 10 devices and all of them are intalled in a vehicle, can I modify the configuration file to be uploaded to FOTA without having an extra device which is to be used to configure and save the new configuration?

- Different devices, have different configuration options, for example some of my devices have DIN1 and others do not. What happens if i use FOTA web to upload a configuration file saved from a device with DIN1 to a device without DIN1? The setting just gets ignored or the configuration gets mixed up? This is valid also for other settings, not just DIN1.

Thank you!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for your questions.

- You can use FOTA web to download existing configuration from your device, re-configure using Teltonika configurator and upload new configuration back to the device.

- Device will not ignore configuration change. If you will make any changes in configuration file this will affect device's workflow. 

Extra information about fota web you can find in Teltonika wiki page: https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/Getting_Started

Hope this will help.

Best Regards.

by
Hi,

Thanks for the answer. One thing is still unclear.

How do I modify an existing configuration file with Teltonika Configurator without connecting to a device?

Thanks.
by anonymous
Hey,

Step1. Download config file.

Step2. Open with configurator, change settings and save.

Step3. Upload file to fota web and assign configuration to device.

Let me know if it is still unclear.

Thanks.
by
Thank you for the quick response!

I was unaware that I should select the "Create new configuration" option and work offline wiht the configurator.

All sorted now. Thank you!