FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous

The situation is that I have some readers like these that are shown in the link: https://www.indiamart.com/proddetail/1-wire-rfid-reader-20289053248.html  which we have tested with various RFID cards, but the number that comes to us is 18 characters and the validation list of Teltonika IDbuttons is only 16 characters, which does not allow us to add the numbers to said list.

Previously Teltonika had sent us IDbutton Readers and IDbutton like this,  https://teltonika.lt/product/ibutton/#description working perfectly, but after a while they made the change and this problem was generated.

Any help in this regard?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for your question,

Currently only 16 character IDs are supported. There are no specific details on the reader in the provided link.

We would recommend you using:

1W-H3-03 DS1990A model.

Please contact your sales manager to get more information on this type of reader.

Regards.
by anonymous

Yes, that is the reader that sent us Teltonika, but we have tried with different models of 125-khz cards and with some 6 different ones, the code that reads the Teltonika configurator brings us 18 digits. Then the problem arises when we want to enter those 18 digits in the ID Button validation list.

by anonymous

Thank you for your response,

The I/O parameter iButton can be displayed only as 16 characters.

The value is displayed as:

0xffffffffffffffff

• 0x is not a part of the iButton ID.
  • 16 - f is 16 characters

You can only enter 16 characters to iButton list.

Regards.

by anonymous

So we are doing it, we are taking the 16 digits and loading it to the validation list as shown and we are activating the tab Ibutton List Check to force that only by validating the IdButton number can stop sending the negative pulse, but without effect. The GPS is not able to validate with the list the card that we present and the only way to turn it on is to leave off the option of Ibutton List Check, thus leaving open the possibility that the vehicle turns on with any card that is presented to the reader.

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hi.

I also had this problem until i read the log.

It explains how to enter the value you get when reading ibutton in configurator.

by
Thanks for the information, this way it works correctly. But we would appreciate if in the upcoming FW updates, this could be less complex.
by anonymous
This was the right answer.

If you use wialon or see AVL parameters in your telematics system. You can get the code that works in Authorized ID List from parameter "drvr_code_r" so you don't have to manually convert that ID