FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by
Hello!!! i recently bought a local gps company whit over than 400 FMB 920 devices, most of those devices are sending excessive data, some are passing 100 mb per month due to crash sensor... so, there any way to modify configuration without going to the device? it is possible to do it using fota?

2 Answers

+1 vote
by
Pablo, you can reduce the amount of data transmitted by device simply through optimization of device's configuration. There is "I/O" section in Configurator, where you can exclude (set Priority to None) data fields you don't need to receive from device with every message. Crash sensor data can be cut via "Accelerometer Features" -> "Crash Sensor" settings.

Another option to decrease traffic -  to switch from TCP protocol to UDP. The drawback is that UDP is less reliable.
0 votes
by
Hello , can someone tell me how many mb , spends one device fmb920 for one month ?

Thanks
by anonymous
It depends on settings (amount of data collected and frequency of transmission). At least you can be sure, that in this regard Teltonikas are not inferior to other GPS-trackers.