FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by
Can some please tell me how to change parameter ID 11600 (Towing) from Panic Priority to Low Priority ? But car with FMB920 is on the way far from me so I need to change this parameter by SMS. In device there is not set Login and Password for SMS Commands but of course in device there are set my two Authirized Phne numbers. What text sms shall I send to device ?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello.

"setparam 11600:1"

but since you dont use sms login/pass:
"  setparam 11600:1"
i.e. with 2 spaces at the beginning. without " ofcourse.

0 - disabled
1 - low
2 - high
3 - panic

Regards
Best answer
by
Thx a lot - these 2 spaces was a problem. I didn't know about it. Now problem is solved.
by
I have been looking to do this for a while as i want to be able to remotely disbale tracking and unplug detection when vehicles go in for service.

Thanks for the tip. However, I can't get this to work on FMB204, FW03.18.16

I do not have SMS Login/password set. There is one device set in Authorized Numbers, in international format: +447866xxxxxx

I currently have Towing detection set to High Priority, with eventual records disabled. The same number as above is used to send the text message in the event of towing and this works fine when activated.
If I send  "  setparam 11600:0" (without the quotes) to disable towing & i can see from status that the SMS is received, but the state for towing detection does not change.

If I send "  getparam 11600" i also do not get a response. Same for "  getstauts" (status does not show additional outgoing SMS activity)

I did have a keyword set in Security, but I have removed that for test. The FMB204 is set up online deepsleep for the test..

I have also tried clearing authorized numbers, but that doesn't seem to work either.

Am I missing something?
by anonymous
"I have also tried clearing authorized numbers"

have you succeeded? How have you done that? via configurator?

I'd wager - you have configured auth sms number X and are using Y.

Or you actually have sms login/pass. Those fields must be completely EMPTY @ configurator - no spaces no nothing.

Id suggest getting device into office - and double checking its configuration properly with configurator.

Regards
by anonymous
Hi,

The settings were checked using configurator via bluetooth conenction.
I have looked at this again this morning, and numbers are correct.
Both SMS login and password fields were blank - no space, nothing in the fields

I have then set a login and password and it works as expected with SMS commands, with no other changes.

If I then clear the fields and send SMS commands, with two leading spaces ahead of the command, the FMB204 ignores the request.

So it looks like this firmware does need a SMS login and password - which is ok as long as I know, but confusing for others as it is not what is documented?
by anonymous
And you double checked that gsm number configured @ device and one you are sending SMS - are really the same gsm numbers?

Regards
by anonymous
Yes, I know the number well, as it is my mobile... (no spaces after it either)

Adding a login and password to the settings via configurator and then using "login password command" will change the settings in the FMB204, and respond with an SMS to the programmed number.

If i clear the login and password fields in configurator and send a command that worked before as "  command" (with double space) the setting does not update and the FMB204 does not reply.

I double checked as soon as i got it to work, to make sure i wasn't doing something stupid - and only cleared the fields and then repeated the procedure on my other tracker (as I have 2).