FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by
FMB360 and External RS232 Device questions.
I am new to GPS trackers. I am trying to connect an external RFID reader to the FMB360. That
data is to be transfered to the host via the tracker. I have setup the IO using the RFID enabled
and monitoring. My background is hardware, thus I have a made a RFID reader that will output the correct
baudrate and correct IButton data via a serial port following the RFID description.
My questions are as follows: (the FMB360 OS= 00.02.77, Hardware= K-Line TM25Q HV)          
Question 1: Can I directly connect this device to the FMB360 and expect to see the
serial data received at the host ?
If the answer is no, then
Question 2: Is their a serial protocol I have to follow allow me to do this?
Finally, ( I have termv19 debug terminal that can be connected)
Question 3: Is there a 'debug' method that I can see the data before it is sent out to the host on
the mobile network?    
Any help will be appreciated.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for your question.

• In case specific RFID card readers are used they should be connected via RS232, FMB630 is compatible with two RFID modes.

RS-232 RFID HID/RFID MF7 mode:

The difference between RFID HID Mode and RFID MF7 Mode is that in RFID HID Mode FMB640 understands RFID messages that are in hexadecimal format and RFID MF7 Mode interpretes messages that are in decimal format. The type of RFID message sent to FMB640 depends on the RFID reader. For example, RFID HID mode message looks like "$aa$02$03$04$17$89$00$01" while MF7 mode message is of following format: "1213141519".

The selected mode has to correspond to the RFID reader's mode.

• In case you use custom/other RFID reader is connected the data can be sent using TCP link by selecting TCP Link Mode.

In this mode link with external device using text messages can be established.

Any string of data coming to COM will be routed to server. (if link is currently active) First message will be packet to special packet8. Packet will be sent as Codec12.

More information on Codec12 can be found in our wiki:

https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/Codec_12

If you have any specific question please inform us.

Regards, Teltonika Support.

by

<!--[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 <![endif]-->

<!--[if gte mso 9]> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]>

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;} <![endif]-->

Hello Support,

Thank you for your answer. I still have one level of confusion. I will re-phrase my question from the information that you have given me.

I have TCP link mode Disabled.  My question is "If I connect my RS232 device with the proper data for the Mode selected,  will the string of data be

routed to the server?