FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by
I need to know the simcard number.

I have access to the device by TCP commands, by tracking software Wailon.
Is there a way to send sms to my phone by TCP command?

Device: FMA120

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for your question.

By stating "the simcard number" do you mean the GSM phone number your SIM card has?

There is no specific GPRS command to force device to send SIM card's GSM number.

You could set up device to send SMS to GSM number if event is generated by configuring an I/O element (For example Ignition - on change), then in GSM/SMS events section, enable your defined parameter to send SMS to a SMS Events PreDefined Number. After the I/O element status changes you will be informed with a text message in your phone and you will able to see the number.

As stated before device firmware does not have special command to request GSM number.

We hope it helps.

Regards.
by

I meant GSM phone number.

I managed to make the device send me an sms message
 to my mobile phone, which will eventually show me the GSM phone number.

I did it by activating SMS event alerts

reference on how to do it in the manual:
- 8.9 SMS event configuration (to configure sms event's alert, i had to add my phone number first)

Thanks for your answer

by

Answer by Teltonika support states that 

"There is no specific GPRS command to force device to send SIM card's GSM number."

I assume that a set sends the Worldwide Unique Integrated Circuit Card ID (SIM) number voluntarily and that it recorded by the operator for e.g. billing purposes.