FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by
Hello

I recently bought a FM3001 GPS tracker but no power cable was supplied with.

The first start manual indicates I need one for its configuration on Windows (10).

So could  you please let me know its reference (with image maybe) and where I can buy it?

Thanks in advance.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

The part number you are searching should be 058R-00114, could you confirm that you did not include the cable in your order?

Also you can configure your device when it is inserted in vehicle's OBDII slot for power, just prepare the configuration file and upload it via USB cable.

If you have any further questions please feel free to ask.

Regards.

by
Hello

Thank you for your quick response.

I confirm I have no such power cable.

I assume using this OBD2 power cable implies I should connect it to a 12V DC power.source.

But I notice there's no plug at the end of the red and black wires. So what can I do?

Maybe there's no need to use such cable, as you mention.

I could follow your suggestion by inserting my FM3001 GPS tracker into the car's OBD slot and by doing so supply enough power

(while engine is stopped?),

Then connect my laptop to it being inside my car, using an appropriate USB cable, and finish by configuring it with the Teltonika Configurator for Windows 10

after having installed the USB drivers.

Would that be correct proceedings?

Thanks in advance.