FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by
by

when making firmware update it gives these message

Checking file...

Com port opened...

Running Uart boot mode.

The specified port doesnot exist

where is the problem

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for your question,

Would you mind specifying if the device is found at device manager via COM ports and is running with no errors? Which COM port number is used? Do you have port drivers installed?Have you ever upgraded this device successfully? Does this happen with other PC? Screenshots are welcome, we would like to get as much information as possible.

Regards.
by

hello,

Yes the device appeared in device manager under port com3  and no errors appeared I never upgrade this device before and when I open track assistant & put the device in firmware mode where the two Led indicator light green and  "select firmware: GHT_1.6.41 (1).BIN" and connect the device GH3000 it detect the device under the port com3 I choose "port: com3"

then I select "start" to start firmware update it gives these message :

Checking file...

Com port opened...

Running Uart boot mode.

then the device disconnect and these message appear

The specified port doesnot exist

and the three led indicators light red which indicate an error or damaged firmware, when ever I try the update firmware again it give the same message is there something missing I should do?

Note : The GH3000  three led indicators light red always and I cannot connect the device to track assistant except in firmware mode.

Can you help me to know where is the problem and if these related to the firmware version or because I ran the firmware update before I gave the device the "RPC" recovery password code or something else and how to connect GH3000 to give it "RPC" or how to fix these problem.