FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

4167 questions

4739 answers

3460 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
in Vehicle tracking by anonymous
The device comes out of ultra deep sleep on movement and sends data, so I know it's not a power or gprs issue. However it has stopped acquiring gps. It previously worked fine but has now stopped. Is there any way to reset the gps via SMS? Or has anyone had similar issues?
by anonymous
Hello.

Surely you don't mean that this is permanent? I.e once device goes to ultra deep sleep(UDS) and then wakes up -> it NEVER acquires GPS fix?

Maybe you mean that it takes a long time to acquire gps fix after device wakes up from UDS?

If device is stays in "normal mode" after waking up from UDS for a bit longer - does it acquire GPS fix?

Regards
by
Yes I meant it comes out of UDS but takes an age to get a gps fix. Once it gets a fix it works ok. Is there any settings you know of that I can change or any problems you think it might be? Thanks

1 Answer

0 votes
by
Hello and thanks for the reply. Yes I meant it takes a long time to acquire a Gps fix. It seems to take around 10 minutes before it acquires a fix. Once it acquires the fix it works ok. Any thoughts as to what might be causing the issue? Or any suggestions to any settings I might change to improve it?

Thanks
by anonymous
This is problematic gps module wakeup after longer periods of time (in off mode).

We know of this problem. It is being resolved/tested at the moment, don't really know exact ETA when this fix will be ported to FMB base. But it is planned to do so.
Once testing is over and it is confirmed that the bug is fixed.

Regards
by
Thank you for the reply again. Is this a new issue or something that has been a problem for a while now? I am just trying to figure out why it has only recently started to affect the device.

Thanks
by anonymous
Been awhile, just some devices have this problem happen more often. Others not so much.

So customers are complaining irregularly - so we noticed this kind of late.

Regards
by
We have a similar issue on more than 100 devices: sometimes device exits deep sleep and GPS starts sending no fix and 0 satellites forever. The only way to exit this condition is a cpureset.